We are looking for a dynamic Software Development Engineer (Android) to be part of our family! We are looking for a team-oriented and self-motivated individual that will be involved in developing new feature sets and components as well as profiling existing software. This individual will work along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. While mentoring the juniors, this Ninja will be reporting to Tech Lead and this role is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
What days look like as our Software Development Engineer (Android)?
- Deliver high-quality android app based on requirements using the Agile process.
- Provide technical guidance to the team.
- Interact with Product Managers, Designers, & Cross-functional teams.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Working closely with the backend team to provide feedback on defining API contract.
- Able to analyze and adapt new technologies stack.
- Communicate complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences.
What requirements are we looking for :
- Understand the intricacies of the Android Lifecycle.
- Understand and appreciate quality code and architecture, has a SOLID principle in mind alongside with simplicity and efficiency.
- Deep knowledge of Android APIs and design patterns.
- Deep knowledge of using JAVA programming language.
- Experience in implementing reactive programming approach.
- Experience with new android Gradle plugin version 3+.
- Experience with Android Studio tools like Debugging, Hierarchy Viewer, Memory Profiling.
- Experience in implementing a push mechanism using Firebase cloud messaging or Socket.
- Has understanding that unit testing is an investment that worth to implement.
- Able to write unit tests alongside instrumentation tests using Mockito/PowerMockito and Espresso.
- Deep knowledge of implementing Git branching model and strategy.
- Experience in maintaining code with continuous integration and continuous distribution.
- Experience in shipping apps to Play Store.
- Communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Has experience at least 3 Years in developing Android apps.
- Familiar with the new android jetpack.
- Experience in making open source contributions.
- Experience in developing the android apps using Kotlin.
- Experience in making apps that adhere but not limited to Material Design.
- Deep knowledge of using RxJava operators.